Your Utah Defense Attorney for Firearm Offenses
Conviction of a Utah firearm offense can have serious and long-lasting consequences. In addition to fines and jail time, a firearms conviction remains on your criminal record; prospective employers, colleges, and anyone who performs a background check on you will be able to see it. To avoid these consequences, you need an attorney who knows how to expose weaknesses in the prosecution’s case, and who will fight to have charges dismissed or for an acquittal at trial.
J. Peterson Law, PLLC represents clients who have been charged with a variety of gun and other firearm offenses in Utah, including:
- Felony Discharge of a Firearm
- Carrying a Loaded Firearm in a Vehicle or Street
- Possession of a Dangerous Weapon with Intent to Assault
- Carrying a Concealed Dangerous Weapon
- Possession of a Dangerous Weapon Under the Influence
- Sale of Firearms to Juvenile
- Providing Weapon to a Juvenile
- Parent Providing Firearm to a Violent Minor
- Alteration of a Firearm Serial Number
- Discharge of a Weapon from a Vehicle, Near a Highway, or Toward any Person, Building, or Vehicle
As a former Salt Lake Public Defender, Jessica Peterson has handled thousands of Utah criminal defense matters, including dozens of trials, with an impressive acquittal record. J. Peterson Law, PLLC serves Salt Lake City and the surrounding areas, including Heber City, Provo, Park City, and Tooele. Contact our office at 435-339-9395 or via our online contact form.