Utah Criminal Record Expungement
Everyone makes mistakes. Sometimes those mistakes are minor and easily put to rest, but some bear consequences that can have an impact on the rest of your life. If you’ve made a mistake that resulted in a Utah criminal conviction, you now have a criminal record that may limit your freedom and opportunities. You never planned to have a criminal record, and you’re a different person now than when that record was created. Fortunately, you have options, including expungement of your Utah criminal record.
Not everyone is eligible for an expungement of their criminal record, but even those who are not may be eligible for a reduction in the level of the offense of which they were convicted, under Utah Code section 76-3-402.
J. Peterson Law, PLLC represents Utah residents (and residents of other states with a Utah criminal record) who are seeking an expungement of their records or a 402 reduction. Services offered include:
- Evaluating whether an individual may be eligible for expungement or a 402 reduction
- Requesting a certificate of eligibility for expungement from the Utah Bureau of Criminal Identification (BCI)
- Petitioning the court for an expungement
- Representing clients in hearings on expungements when a hearing is required.
- Ensuring that an order for expungement is delivered to relevant state agencies
Don't assume the errors of your past have to follow you forever. Attorney Jessica Peterson is a former Salt Lake Public Defender who has successfully represented thousands of clients. She understands the effect a conviction can have on a defendant's opportunities, and she fights to allow her clients to have a successful future, without being weighed down by past mistakes. J. Peterson Law, PLLC serves Salt Lake City and the surrounding areas, including Provo, Heber City, Tooele and Park City. Contact our office at 435-339-9395 or via our online contact form to learn more.